Creating a cashless payment environment at your festival or event can be hugely beneficial to all parties involved, with the shift from cash to cashless promising a much smoother experience.
Cashless transactions, give event organisers far more control over revenues, and a safer more convenient way to operate for both the attendees and the event team. By loading their cash or credit onto RFID enabled wristbands, fans pay for drinks, food and merchandise at your event with a simple tap.
The cost savings from carriage, security and administration of cash is cut, and you gain real time sales reporting giving you complete control.
Customers are keen to not have to carry around cash, and the pain of losing a bank card on a 45 acre site is enough to taint anyones festival experience. Not only is it an easier way to feel safe, the simplicity of it also reduces transaction times so queues are dramatically reduced, benefiting the vendor outlets and giving a more pleasant user experience.
Tomorrowland in Boom, Belgium reported over 920,000 payments were made with the cashless bracelets over the two weekends.
It really is a win win addition for all involved. Interested in implementing a cashless payment solution at your events? Then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to talk.
6 great reasons to go cashless from The Association of Independent Festivals (AIF)
GIVE YOUR VISITORS A MUCH BETTER EXPERIENCE
• No need for them to ever carry or withdraw cash
• Lower queues and faster payment processing
• Secure: reduced risk of theft, lost wristbands can be re-issued with the balance intact
GET FULL CONTROL & VISIBILITY OVER MONEY SPENT ON-SITE
• Gain a direct customer relationship with all attendees (not just the ticket-buyers) and a better understanding of what they want
• Get accurate real-time visibility on transactions across the whole event, or broken down by individual trader, product, bar staff or customer
• Get a transparent picture on what every trader is taking at your event – empowers you to take a commission on every purchase
• Hold all of the money at all times and settle with traders post-event
• Every penny spent on-site becomes part of the event’s turnover
BOOST YOUR ON-SITE REVENUE BY 15-30%
• By removing barriers to spending (like ATM fees & queues)
• By reducing queues at bars
• Eliminating leakage and breakage including human error and theft (‘skimming’)
• By empowering you to make more intelligent deals with your traders
IT WILL PRODUCE MULTIPLE COST SAVINGS
• No cash collections, storage, reconciliation or change needed
• Less bar staff required (no cash handlers needed)
• Less security required • Less infrastructure & transportation required
• Much less manual accounting work required
IT IS PROVEN TO SIGNIFICANTLY REDUCE CRIME RATES*
• Deters criminal gangs
• Decreases police requirements
• Reduces insurance premiums
*Download Festival 2015
MAXIMISE OPERATIONAL EFFICIENCY
• Save on catering bills & wastage by giving crew credits they can ‘spend’ in the arena
• Give artists, staff and VIP guests pre-loaded credits for drinks and food
• Get real-time information on stock levels
• Live customer flow data enables more intelligent queue management
• Offer increased value to sponsors through more granular audience profiling